Is Hypnosis Real?Oct 19, 2019
Hollywood has not done any favours for the field of hypnosis.
In fact, most people, when they think of hypnosis, think of a creepy old man swinging a pendulum or of people clucking like chickens in a stage show.
Hypnosis is a deep state of relaxation and a heightened awareness of the mind. In this state, a hypnotherapist can make suggestions to the subjects unconscious mind to make positive and lasting change.
Common Myths of Hypnosis:
- Myth: Hypnosis is mind control.
- Myth: Hypnosis only works on weak minded people.
- Myth: Hypnosis causes amnesia and people don’t remember what happens under hypnosis.
The Truth About Hypnosis:
- Hypnosis is not mind control. In hypnosis the subject is always in control and will only accept suggestions which are supported by their own values. Hypnosis is not something imposed on people. In fact, all hypnosis is self hypnosis and will only work to the extent that the subject is willing to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis is based on the subject following instructions. Anyone who can follow instructions can be hypnotized and the more intelligent a person is, the more they are able to follow instructions.
- Most people will remember everything that happens under hypnosis. There is a small percentage of people who will experience a deep trance state and have a spontaneous amnesia. This is only a small percentage of the population. Most hypnosis work is done in a medium trance and they subject will remember everything that happens.
What about the stage shows?
In a stage show, the stage hypnotist carefully selects volunteers who are likely to play along and help make an entertaining show. The type of people who are most likely to get on stage and act silly are the high extroverts. These are the people who do the same thing at a party! They don’t need hypnosis to make them act silly.
They other type of people who occasionally end up on stage are introverts who see it as an opportunity to act silly and be in the spotlight because they have the safety of saying “I didn’t know what I was doing... It was all the hypnotist!” The truth is that they were in control the whole time.
Is hypnosis real?
Hypnosis is about as old as history. There is evidence of sleep temples in ancient civilizations where people would go to experience healing. They would go into a relaxed state of trance and a priest or priestess would talk to them, making positive suggestions for healing and they person would leave feeling better.
People have been experiencing healing and personal transformations through hypnosis ever since.
Can anyone be hypnotized?
Anyone who chooses to follow the instructions of the hypnotherapist, can be hypnotized.
If you have any questions about hypnosis, post your comments below.
Here is a free audio recording for you to try: https://www.teriholland.ca/pl/22045
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY LIFE LESSONS
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.